Many car accidents are caused by drivers making bad or hesitant decisions on the road can lead to potential collision repairs. Things such as speeding, failing to yield, and distracted driving can lead to an accident and collision repairs. However, some accidents can be caused through no fault of the driver. Poor road conditions can lead to accidents injuring drivers, passengers, and pedestrians. Low quality road conditions may sometimes lead to more than just a bumpy and uncomfortable ride. Roads can deteriorate to the point where they become unsafe to drive on. Things such as potholes, uneven road surfaces, broken concrete, exposed rebar, sinkholes, and pavement cracks can be the result of an unmanaged road over time. If a driver comes across a large pothole, potential tire rupture may occur causing the vehicle to swerve into another lane, colliding with another vehicle. Furthermore, when the roads are uneven this can cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle, leading to a crash or rollover accident injuring the driver, passengers, and possibly nearby pedestrians. Even a minor accident can lead to injuries, which can lead to additional expenses. After a minor accident, the driver and passengers might need to seek medical attention. Additionally, the vehicles involved might need collision repair and searching for collision repair shops that can assist with the reparations may be costly. Poor road conditions can lead to tire damage and sometimes cause accidents that are more serious. In many events, the city may be able to recompense such expenses due to accidents caused by poor road conditions.
After a car accident, the injured driver and passengers may file a legal claim against those responsible for causing the accident. When the conditions of the road are at fault for an accident, the city can be held responsible in some situations, there may be additional requirements to make a claim for damages, but it might be an alternative way to cover damages and seek collision repairs made to your vehicle from poor road conditions.
In any case, it is always a good idea to be cautions of road conditions such as:
· Frozen or Icy patches on the surface can make you spin or slide. When roads do not properly drain water, it can freeze to create this hazard.
· Dangerous intersections especially narrow roads, sharp turns that require mirrors, etc.
· Oils spills and chips on the road these temporary fix for roads that need to be resurfaced. If it is allowed to sit for too long, it can get slippery and dangerous.
· Poorly painted lines or broken, hidden, or missing signs can cause accidents on difficult roads.
· If the shoulder drops more than two inches from the road's surface, it can cause an accident.
· Roads marked with this sign were tested and proven to be slick and perhaps unsafe when it rains if moisture does not drain properly.
· When roads have not been resurfaced in a while, grooves where wheels often go dig into the road and make it uneven and unsafe.
· Potholes in the road where asphalt used to be can damage tires, make cars swerve, and cause collisions.
Being mindful of road conditions and adjusting appropriately whether it includes adjusting your speed, being hyperaware defensively or avoiding a road altogether is essential for safety and will prevent collisions and vehicle damage. For all collision repair needs, see our team of auto body experts.